header photo

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Taillight Baking

So I baked my taillights in the oven to pry them apart. How I did it:

  1. Removed all screws that held clear outer lens in place
  2. Preheated oven to 300F
  3. Baked taillight for 5 minutes
  4. Started to pry off the outer clear lens via hands and screwdriver
  5. Once glue started to re-harden, baked taillight again for 5 minutes
  6. repeated steps 4 and 5 until I completely removed the lens
Here is a link to a You tube video (not mine) that I used for a guide.

 
Without and with outer clear lense
After much baking (4 or 5 times with each taillight) I finally got the outer lens off both taillights. I am pretty happy with he result except that I scratch the housing plastic in a couple of spots with the screwdriver I was using. Now its time to work on those inserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment