header photo

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

3rd Brake Build & LEDs

To test out my reflector design I have decided to make my third brake light the same way I will make the inserts for the taillights. So far I cut and shaped the foam and applied 1 layer of fiberglass cloth with epoxy resin to the front and back. I even got the fiberglass to stick to the reflector curve nicely. Now I just need to trim it up and pint it!

 
Carved and cut foam

 
Pressing the fiberglass with textbooks.
I received LEDs that I order today from superbrightleds.com. I got the 5 mm high flux LEDs in red, yellow and blue! Cost me $70 for 250 LEDs (including shipping). The were fast and they carrier good LEDs. I have had LEDs from other companies die on me after little use.
LEDs! The even gave me a sticker!

1 comment:

  1. sweet a free sticker! heehe :) hope your having fun with your projects!

    ReplyDelete