header photo

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brake Light Construction

I figured out how to angle the reflectors for the brake lights. I went to Lowe's and bought the Dremel drill press. It lets me angle the bit up to 90 degrees in increments of 15 degrees. In order to get the slight ovals required so that if someone looked at the LEDs from the back it would be a perfect circle, I drew a CAD model and printed out a template on transparency paper. It turned out pretty good. Just needs some fine tuning and epoxy! Check it out.


Dremel Drill Press.




Drilling with the template.


 Result. I could not achieve a full outer ring because there are screws in those places.



Side view.

I am happy with it. Can't wait to see what it looks like painted and with LEDs in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment